COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP (CAMEROON)
The Cameroon Agency hereby announces to the general public and prospective applicants that the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom is offering scholarships under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship plan in the United Kingdom tenable from October 2010 in the following fields of study.
– Agriculture Extension & Rural Development
– Computer Science
– Industrial Technology (production and maintenance)
– Food Science and Technology
– Forestry Management
– Soil Science
– Medicine (specialisation)
– Environmental Science
– Women and Gender Studies
– Human Resource management
– Human Rights Law
– Development Studies
Eligibility: Eligibility requirements are outlined in the Scholarship prospectus. Your attention is particularly drawn the following:
– Candidates should be Cameroonians of both sexes;
– Candidate should hold, of expect to hold by 1st October 2010, a first degree of at least upper second class Honours level or degree of a second class and a relevant postgraduate;
– Candidates are also strongly advised to submit independent applications directly to their preferred institutions;
– Candidates must have the required IELTS score of at least 6.5 taken no earlier than 1st October 2009 and no later than 06 March 2010.
The awards may be in any of the following categories
– One year taught masters courses or equivalent degrees
– Six months of clinical training in medicine or dentistry
– Doctoral degrees, of up to three years duration
– One year research on a split-site basis, towards a Ph.D registered at a University in the candidates home country, if appropriate.
The application file should comprise the following:
– A handwritten stamped application addressed to the Minister of higher Education
– 6 copies of the application from/prospectus from U.K accessed from their website at www.cscuk.org.uk/apply/developing commonwealths.asp
– A certified copy of birth certificate
– A certificate of Nationality
– A curriculum vitae
– Certified copies of GCE O/L and or BEPC, Probatoire and Bac
– Certified copies of degrees
– 6 copies of University transcripts
– 6 most recent passport size photographs
– 6 copies each of academic recommendations from 3 different referees
– 6 copies of recommendations from professional referees (for workers only)
– Authorization letter from employer (civil servant only)
– 6 copies of letter of acceptance from your U.K Supervisor (for split site applicants only)
Potential candidates are advised to access directly on their website at www.cscuk.org.uk for details of the commissions work.
Complete application files should be deposited in the Ministry of Higher Education rooms 1514 or 1527 on or before November 20th 2009.