Exchange Programs Announcements
U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé, Cameroon
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the competition to select candidates for the Community College Initiatives Program (CCIP), scheduled to start in June 2011. Eligible fields are:
- Health Professions, including Nursing
- Information Technology
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Business Management and Administration
The Community College Initiative Program will provide funding for round trip airfare to the U.S.; a living allowance during English language, academic, and practical training program components; tuition, health insurance and cultural enhancement activities. The program is approximately one year in duration and successful participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the one-year study program. Students are required to return home at the end of their program and may not transfer to any other U.S. academic institution.
To apply to the program, candidates must:
- Have completed secondary school education
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old
- Have relevant work experience in the field in which they are applying
- Have English language skills that provide a basis for enrolling in academic coursework following approximately 2 months of intensive English language study in the United States
- Submit a complete application.
Interested candidates are requested to contact Cultural Affairs Assistant electronically at [email protected] for an application. Completed application forms should be returned by email to the same address no later than October 31, 2010. Late applications will not be considered.