The application essay has been around for decades. Now, the Tippie MBA is pioneering a new concept in MBA applications by introducing the application “Tweet.”
The Tippie Full-time MBA program will award one full-tuition award package to the applicant who most creatively answers an essay question in “Tweet” form — meaning they’re responding in 140 characters or less.
Why are we incorporating Tweets into our application? Social media is a powerful tool for business communication, and is driving change in today’s business world. We see it as a natural way to set yourself apart as an MBA applicant.
We’re confident our applicants will come up with clever and creative answers to the following ‘essay’ question: “What makes you an exceptional Tippie Full-time MBA candidate and future MBA hire? Creativity encouraged!“
Feeling intimidated by the 140-character limit? You can go beyond the typical Tweet by connecting your Tweet to other social media such as blogs, video, Facebook, or a web page. (Hint: You can shorten your links through http://bitly.com/ to keep your tweet to 140 characters.)
07/01/11 — Update: Read the story on BusinessWeek’s B-schools blog
- Submit application before July 28, 2011 to be considered.
- Applicants will not be admitted to the program based solely on their Application Tweet. Applicants need to meet typical admissions criteria.
- Because of time constraints involved with obtaining a student visa for the fall semester, this is open only to U.S. residents or U.S. permanent residents.
- All applicants who submit a response will have their application fee waived.
- The candidate with the most inventive and creative submission will be awarded a full-tuition award package for Fall 2011. Tippie’s full-tuition award packages are valued at $37,240.
- The winner will be announced on August 4, 2011 on Facebook and Twitter. The chosen candidate will be notified by phone before the formal announcement is made.
- Email your current resume and “tweet” to us at [email protected]. Jodi or Lydia in recruiting/admissions will respond via email with next steps on completing an application.
Terms and Conditions:
- Because of time constraints involved with obtaining a student visa, this is open only to U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
- Applicants who have applied to the Tippie Full-time MBA program before June 22, 2011 are not eligible as they have been previously considered by the admissions committee for admission and financial awards.
- These terms and conditions are not exhaustive and the Tippie MBA reserves the right to address other contingencies as they occur.
- Lydia Fine, Associate Director, Recruiting & Admissions — 319-335-0892
- Jodi Schafer, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid — 319-335-0864
Connect with us on social media:
– JUNE 30, 2011