The United Nations Department of Public Information, in partnership with the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), will run the 3rd annual Citizen Ambassadors video contest from 8 August 2011, to 8 September 2011.
Thank you for your interest and good luck!
RULES OF THE CONTEST
- Only entries submitted via YouTube will be eligible for consideration. To sign up for an account on YouTube, please visit http://www.youtube.com/create_account.
- Video entries must not exceed 30 seconds in length.
- The contestant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date he/she enters the contest.
- Video submissions must be original and unpublished work by the contestant and not infringe on any copyright laws.
- The submitted video must begin with the phrase "Excuse me, Mr. Secretary-General…"
- Submitted videos must be recorded in English or French or subtitled in English or French.
- Each entrant must fill out the Entry Form.
- Video submissions may not contain any offensive or inappropriate content, according to United Nations principles and practices, and must comply with YouTube's general terms and conditions.
- Current or former staff members, interns or retirees of the United Nations Organization, its Agencies, Funds or Programmes and any family and/or house-hold members of these staff members are not eligible
- The contest will end on 8 September 2011 at 11:55 p.m. New York time (EST). Entries submitted after this time or modified past the end of the contest will not be eligible.
- The results will be announced in October 2011 on the official Citizen Ambassadors website www.uncitizenambassadors.org and on the UN Channel on YouTube.
- Video entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Merit: Does the video message merit viewing by world leaders?
- Originality: Does the video message offer original opinions or suggestions?
- Creativity: How creative is the video in its form and content?
- Bonus points will be awarded for exceptionally aesthetic or compelling messages.
- The winning videos will be chosen by a panel of United Nations officials and external partners. The decisions of the judging panel are final and binding.
- Three winners will be designated Citizen Ambassadors to the United Nations for a two-year term and will be invited to visit UN Headquarters in New York City in Fall/Winter 2011.
By submitting a video submission to the competition, the entrant accepts the full terms and conditions of the contest. By submitting a video, the entrant grants the United Nations full permission to freely use said video as appropriate, for World Humanitarian Day activities, cross-posting on other YouTube channels, UN websites and by UN partners, or any other use. The United Nations will have the right to freely use the video material. These terms and conditions are subject to change.
For further information, please email us at citizenambassador[at]un.org. Please include the URL of your video submission and your YouTube profile name in your email.