The Google Africa PhD fellowship.
Students and professionals are welcome to apply to the PhD Fellowship program.
For current PhD Students
- Applicants must be enrolled into a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early PhD students, i.e, should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD. Applicants for the 2019 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2018
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
- Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be full-time Undergraduate or Masters students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program at an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2019, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM GMT on 4th February 2019.
The program recruits outstanding graduate students doing exceptional work in computer science and related research areas. (Feb. 4)
The Google Africa PhD Fellowship program application window for 2019 is now open until Monday, 4th February 2019 at 11:59:59 PM GMT. Please click here to apply.