The RFPA Awards recognise the best radio programmes that contribute to peace in Africa. The RFPA Awards particularly celebrate radio programmes that help to reduce group and community tensions, enhance and give value to shared interests, break down listener stereotypes, or provide positive role models.
The 2012 Awards are open to all African radio broadcasters, both men and women. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
• RFPA Gender Award;
• RFPA Youth Award; and
• RFPA Jury’s Special Award.
Three prizes will be awarded in each category. The first prize is 600 Euros, the second 300 Euros, and the third 150 Euros. The winning recipients will be honoured at an award ceremony.
Specific entry requirements include:
• Programmes can be in any language spoken on the African continent, but must be accompanied by a translation in either English or French.
• Programmes must be a minimum of 20 minutes in duration.
• Radio programmes must have been broadcast between January 1 and December 31, 2011.
• Participants can submit more than one entry, but each must be sent as a discrete submission.
Each entry must include a complete entry form, a copy of the radio programme, and a translation if necessary. Submissions can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by mail to any SFCG Africa Country Office (list available at http://www.sfcg.org/sfcg/sfcg_world.html) or SFCG’s Brussels Office.
All entries must be received by midnight GMT, May 11, 2012.
Previous winning entries are available for listening and download from the audio section of our website www.radiopeaceafrica.org
For more information and to apply, contact the RFPA Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish good luck to all the participants and we look forward to listening to your radio programmes!
The RFPA Team